In California, fresh beets are basically available all year round. Since I made roast beets salad last time, I am going to make no-cook version using raw beets.
Raw beet salad on baby greens
- 3 beets, peel and cut into matchstick or use food processor to roughly shred them
- 1 shallot, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- some dijon mustrard, salt, and pepper to taste
- toss everything together with fresh dill
* you can serve this by itself or with baby greens salad. It is a perfect side dish for grilled flank steak or any grilled red meat too.
Peach in chantilly cream with Grand Marnier
Peaches are gorgeous this year too. Again,...another no-cook recipe.
- sliced peaches, 8 segments per peach
- heavy cream, whip to soft peak and fold in grand marnier to taste
Enjoy your summer!